Nanbert Zhong, MD, PhD
Cynthia Gyamfi-Bannerman, MD
Elizabeth Bonney, MD
Sam Mesiano, PhD
Kim Young Ju, MD
Board of Directors
Hans Helmer, MD
Calvin Hobel, MD
Executive Director - Present.
Our Vision and Values
The core beliefs of PREBIC are to advance scientific knowledge to prevent preterm birth through open, global collaborative research based on the principles of open communication, trust and honesty. Through our mission and vision, PREBIC aims to optimize newborn health and long-term development for mothers and childrens.
The values of PREBIC are to:
- Develop global collaborative research into preterm birth.
- Create a community of researchers to increase our understanding of the mechanisms leading to PTB.
- Stimulate scientific enquiry to enhance our understanding of the mechanisms leading to preterm birth.
- Create scientific guidelines for global collaborative research in preterm birth.
- Engage international collaborative research to prevent preterm birth.
- Facilitate collaborative using transdisciplary approaches to improve knowledge into preterm birth.
- To expedite preterm birth research by combining the resources of multiple research groups across multiple geographic populations.
- Encourage young researchers to work in international collaborative multidisciplinary teams to advance knowledge to prevent preterm birth.