Please accept my kindest regards and thanks in the NEW YEAR!
As the world is still reeling from COVID-19, I greatly admire and appreciate your continued commitment to the cause of preterm birth. Your efforts are strongly in line with the emergent global focus on maternal morbidity/mortality.
I have for you a brief update:
- As the Board saw the potential for another round of the COVID pandemic, the Board has decided to not hold an in-person PREBIC GLOBAL meeting this year. We will instead hold a virtual meeting.
- However, all PREBIC Branches are encouraged to hold local meetings and webinars throughout the year.
- Branch Directors are now part of the PREBIC GLOBAL Board. This we feel will enhance the flow of ideas, productivity and efficacy of the PREBIC Branches.
- We have welcomed Tom McElrath, Harvard as an At-Large member of the Board and are planning an additional member in the coming year.
- Working groups are encouraged to have on-line meetings and to also sponsor webinars. Working group leaders are strongly encouraged to work with their Board Liaisons who will provide advice and support.
- Both Branches and working groups are encouraged to provide content for our Website.
- PREBIC will again host a satellite meeting at the SRI. We hope you will join.
- Ramkumar Menon continues as our Executive Director. He is advised by an Executive council.
- Please continue to visit our website, https://www.prebicglobal.org/, for updates!
I hope you all can draw strength from your good work.
Be well, Be grateful, and Be Blessed
Elizabeth A Bonney, MD, MPH,